LightingEurope position paper on the benefits of using UVC disinfection to combat COVID-19
According to report from LightingEurope: They call on European policy makers to actively support and stimulate the uptake of UV-C disinfection technologies - in particular as part of the EU Renovation Wave initiative - and to ensure that EU and national financial instruments are available to support their installation.
Why they recommend the UVC product strongly?
Because UV-C is an established technology for disinfection. It has been applied extensively since 1910 when it was found to be an effective tool in preventing the spread of disease. Today, UV-C disinfection technologies are assisting the battle against the current pandemic. More generally, the technology has been proven to inactivate, without exception, all bacteria and viruses against which it has been tested including among others those causing tuberculosis, influenza, the common cold and COVID-19.
How the UVC product works?
UV-C is used to disinfect water, air, and surfaces in industrial, commercial, medical, public and residential environments. UV-C de-activates viruses and microorganisms such as bacteria, moulds, spore, fungi and yeasts, by destroying their DNA/RNA. Recent studies confirm that UV-C light is effective in inactivating and inhibiting the SARS-CoV-2 virus.
Examples of typical applications are:
• Water: disinfecting drinking water (tap water, water coolers, dispensers, coffee machines), disinfecting water from industrial processes, swimming pools, fishponds and aquariums, wastewater, etc.
• Air: Trapped or recirculated indoor air may contain microorganisms and viruses that can infect building occupants. Applying UV-C germicidal irradiation can considerably reduce these contaminants and the associated airborne infections. Products used for air disinfection are typically found in commercial and public environments - for example in offices buildings, cruise ships, hotels and apartment buildings.
• Surfaces: in industrial and public environments - for example, to disinfect trains, aircrafts, buses, food manufacturing sites, hotels, hospitals, etc.
How should we design the UVC product to ensure the safety ?
Because direct exposure to UVC is harmful to humans or animals, we need to design the radar sensor into the UVC product. When people come, the device will detect the move and turn off the UVC automatically.
- Which one do you prefer? A guide to the selection of projector in living room and bedroom
- GPT multifunctional intelligent projection ceiling lamp:evaluation of projection, sound and lighting functions
- How to get higher benefits for farms? the selection of lighting is very important!
- Intelligent projection ceiling light: sparks from the collision of home aesthetics and technological innovation
- Thank you for your support in 2020!
- Covid-19 is rampant, why not use germicidal lamp to protect yourself?
- Detailed comparison and evaluation of two panel lamps
- How to use lighting to enhance happiness? Just wave!
- 2020 Guangzhou international lighting exhibition
- One speaker which can light your life
- LightingEurope position paper on the benefits of using UVC disinfection to combat COVID-19
- Professional sterilization product - UVC germicidal module
- SHINING ELECTRONIC CO.,LTD-Light up a healthy life
- About Germicidal Lamps: The Ultimate FAQ Guide